- Allow for extra time to get to courses, roads are small, and speed limits vary and may be slower than expected. Use Google Maps or Apple Maps to help navigate best routes and predict actual travel times.
- Avoid rush hour travel times if possible, especially coming in or out of Lihue and Kapaa.
- Pay close attention, slow down and be alert while driving on Kauai, roads are small and can be wet.
- If traveling to Waimea Canyon, make sure you have plenty of gas, snacks and water it’s a longer ride than you think and not many places to stop. No services up in the canyon.
Kauai Driving Tips For Golf Vacations
Other Tips For Kauai Golf Vacations
- The only major stores are in Lihue, (Costco, Wal-Mart, Home Depot etc.) Kapaa, Poipu, Koloa, Hanalei do have smaller grocery stores local markets and CVS shops.
- Local Kauai Culture – There are lots of cool local shops and restaurants in Koloa, Poipu, Kapaa, Princeville and Hanalei, definitely take some extra time to stop, shop and enjoy the local culture!
- Be extra careful and mindful of ocean conditions, surf advisories, rip tides and rogue waves the power of even small waves can potentially be dangerous. Make sure you know what beaches are safe to swim at and look for lifeguard stations. Keep in mind the ocean and surf is unpredictable and can change quickly, check local Kauai surf advisories and when in doubt, don’t go out.