The Ocean Course at Hokuala - Kauai, HI
When Jack Nicklaus created the original layout, the land lent itself so well to his vision that he made but a single change to his stunning original layout. In 2011, The Golden Bear was again called upon to redesign a few things and update the look of the iconic, picture perfect ocean holes. The result was three beautiful new holes, speedy new TifEagle greens and a much needed bunker facelift and overall polishing of playing corridors.
“The Ocean Course boasts the longest continuous stretch of ocean holes in all of Hawaii, providing nearly a mile of unobstructed Pacific Ocean views with so much WOW FACTOR you may have a hard time concentrating on golf.”
In 2016, The Ocean Course at Hokuala completed an additional renovation of all the bunkers with sparkling white sand, which now frames the entire set of holes to be even more spectacular than before! Hokuala is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course conveniently located just minutes from the Lihue Airport and Nawiliwili Harbor and is truly one of Kauai’s most memorable golf experiences. With the 2018 opening of Timbers Kauai, Kauai’s newest luxury resort, players can stay in style within oceanside residences while playing Kauai’s signature courses.
Why Should You Play The Ocean Course at Hokuala?
- Superb Playing Conditions – TifEagle Greens
- Epic Seaside Golf Holes with Memorable Photo Opportunities
- Jaw Dropping Views & Golf Setting
- #14 and #16 are two of The Most Beautiful Holes In The World
Staff Insider Tip
The Ocean Course is a truly memorable Kauai golf experience, and offers some of the most memorable holes on the island. The best advice we can offer is to play this one from a tee forward than you think you should. Don’t worry about the yardage on the card; just have fun, hit better shots, have a couple drinks and hit more shots to discuss with your friends over Mai Tais at the bar!
Golf Packages - The Ocean Course at Hokuala is located within minutes of two great golf resorts, we can help you book a Kauai Golf Package.
Kauai Tee Times - The Ocean Course at Hokuala is a must experience golf course on Kauai. Book your Hokuala tee times today! Don't miss one of the most memorable golf experiences on Kauai.
(808) 246-6844Book a Tee Time(Opens in a new tab)
- Awards & Accolades
- 2019 & 2018 Best-In-State, #11 in Hawaii - Golfweek
- 2018 Best Course in Hawaii - World Golf Awards
- 2017 North America's Best Golf Course, Hawaii's Best Course - World Golf Awards
- 2016 Best Golf Courses You Can Play, #9 in Hawaii - GOLF Magazine
- One of the World's Most Beautiful Courses - MSN Travel
- Most Underrated Golf Resort in Hawaii - Travel + Leisure Golf
- Scorecard & Ratings
Tees Rating Slops Yardage 'Ele'ele (Black) 76.2 142 7156 Polu (Blue) 73.5 134 6722 Ke'oke'o (White) 71.6 130 6277 'Alani (Orange) 67.5 122 5377
- Dress Code
- Proper Golf Attire
- Collared or Mock Neck Shirts Required
- No Denim or Swimwear
- Spikeless Facility
- Facilities Info
Driving Range & Practice Areas
- Full Grass Range
- Putting Greens
- Chipping Area
- Golf School
- PGA Professional Lessons
Clubhouse & Amenities
- Full Service Clubhouse
- Hualani’s Restaurant & Bar
- Banquet Facilities
- Full Service Spa
- Rental Clubs
- Ship Sticks
- Luxury Resort Accommodations & Amenities
- Course Architect
- Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
- 1991 Opening
- 2016 Renovation
- Map & Directions