Wailua Golf Course - Kauai, HI
Wailua Golf Course offers classic, golden-era seaside golf holes a mere few steps from the Pacific Ocean and is an excellent, walkable layout on Kauai. First built as a 9-hole golf course in the 1930’s, and expanded to 18 holes in 1961, Wailua has hosted 3 USGA Amateur and 3 US Public Links Championships.
Regarded as one of the top municipal courses in the country the course was designed by Toyo Shirai and is highlighted by tunning mountain views along the Coconut Coast, and multiple ocean holes - all of which combine for a great golf experience at Wailua.
“Wailua is municipal golf at its best! This layout is such a lovely walk, and the golf holes along the beach are wonderful. Crashing waves, sea spray, excellent golf course and a great value!"
Why Should You Play Golf at Wailua Golf Course?
- Easiest Course to Walk on the Island
- Simple, Relaxed Atmosphere
- History of Respected Tournament Golf
- Oceanside Golf Setting
- A High Value Golf Course on Kauai
- Golfweek rankes Wailua amongst the "Best Courses You Can Play in Hawaii" - #13 in 2020 ranking
Staff Insider Tip
"Nothing fancy, simple unpretentious solid muni golf at its best! This layout is such an easy walk, and the golf holes along the beach are wonderful."
(808) 278-6576Call to Book Tee Times Book a Tee Time
- Awards & Accolades
- 2019 & 2018 Best-In-State, #14 in Hawaii – Golfweek
- 2016 Best Value on Kauai – Golf Advisor
- Hosted three USGA Amateur and three U.S. Public Links Championships
- Scorecard & Ratings
Tees Rating Slope Yardage Blue 69.8 120 6524 White 67.2 116 6254 Red 63.6 104 6050
- Dress Code
- Proper Golf Attire
- Collared or Mock Neck Shirts Required
- No Denim or Swimwear
- Spikeless Facility
- Facilities Info
Driving Range & Practice Areas
- Range -Limited – Mats
- Putting Greens
- Chipping Area
Clubhouse & Amenities
- Bar & Grill
- Banquet Facilities
- Rental Clubs
- Course Architect
- Toyo Shirai
- 1930’s Opening
- Added 9 holes in 1961
- Map & Directions