Wailua Golf Course - Kauai, HI
Wailua Golf Course offers classic, golden-era seaside golf holes a mere few steps from the Pacific Ocean and is an excellent, walkable layout on Kauai. First built as a 9-hole golf course in the 1930’s, and expanded to 18 holes in 1961, Wailua has hosted 3 USGA Amateur and 3 US Public Links Championships. Wow!
This wonderful municipal layout designed by Toyo Shirai flies a bit under the radar for most golfers, but the hole designs are excellent and feature stunning mountain views along the Coconut Coast, and multiple ocean holes combine for a great golf experience at Wailua.
“Wailua is municipal golf at its best! This layout is such a lovely walk, and the golf holes along the beach are wonderful. Crashing waves, sea spray, excellent golf course and a great value!"
Why Should You Play Golf at Wailua Golf Course?
- Easiest Course to Walk on the Island
- Simple, Relaxed Atmosphere
- History of Respected Tournament Golf
- Oceanside Golf Setting
- A High Value Golf Course on Kauai
Staff Insider Tip
"Nothing fancy, simple unpretentious solid muni golf at its best! This layout is such an easy walk, and the golf holes along the beach are wonderful."
(808) 278-6576Call to Book Tee Times Book a Tee Time
- Awards & Accolades
- 2019 & 2018 Best-In-State, #14 in Hawaii – Golfweek
- 2016 Best Value on Kauai – Golf Advisor
- Hosted three USGA Amateur and three U.S. Public Links Championships
- Scorecard & Ratings
Tees Rating Slope Yardage Blue 69.8 120 6524 White 67.2 116 6254 Red 63.6 104 6050
- Dress Code
- Proper Golf Attire
- Collared or Mock Neck Shirts Required
- No Denim or Swimwear
- Spikeless Facility
- Facilities Info
Driving Range & Practice Areas
- Range -Limited – Mats
- Putting Greens
- Chipping Area
Clubhouse & Amenities
- Bar & Grill
- Banquet Facilities
- Rental Clubs
- Course Architect
- Toyo Shirai
- 1930’s Opening
- Added 9 holes in 1961
- Map & Directions